Thursday, April 2, 2009

My First Fever

Thursday, March 19, 2009
Although it doesn't look like it, later this day Alexa cried hysterically for over an hour straight. I couldn't do anything to soothe her. Luckily I was thinking and took her temperature. Sure enough it was over 100. I gave her tylenol and called the doctor. The nurse said we did the right thing by giving her meds, but also heard her crying uncontrolably thru the phone so she had us bring her in.
She weighed in at 13 lbs., 5 oz. The diagnosis - a respiratory virus. Probably caught it from me as the very next day I went to the doctors only to find out I had bronchitis then the next few days flu like symptoms. Boy did I feel like a horrible mother getting my daughter sick.
This was the night we will never forget as it is when Alexa decided to stop sleeping thru the night. She now wakes 1-3 times thru the night.
Her fever lasted two days, then it finally broke.
But she continued her sickness for many days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment