Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finally...A Full Nights Sleep!

A long time ago, when Alexa was 2 1/2 months old, she did sleep through the night.
Since then she wakes 1 to 2 times for a full feeding.
UNTIL...last night! Alexa slept through the night!!!
At about 4:30 am I actually woke up Rob, to see if she had gotten up to eat as I did not hear her and I wasn't sure if I slept through it or not. Sure enough, he reassured me that I did not wake because Alexa had yet to wake up. I however felt the need to go in and check on her...even though the video monitor is right on our dresser.
Sure enough, she was in la la land!
I honestly think her full night sleep was due to our new routine! We tried it before and it did not work. Since Alexa is nearing 5 months, I thought I would give it a try again. Our new routine at night...books before bedtime bottle! We made it through mommy's favorite, "Love You Forever" and "Goodnight Moon". (It must be the teacher in me!)
Trying to read the books was quite challenging as Alexa continuosly pulled the pages and tried stuffing them in her mouth. Good thing mommy new the words by heart as it was rather difficult seeing the words with Alexa batting at the pages.
We have our fingers crossed that this sleep thing will continue every night going forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment